Monday, May 09, 2005

One Thing Wrong With NFL

The National Football League has soared in popularity over the last several years. Good promoting of a good product is Ol' BC's opinion. However, one thing is seriously wrong in the NFL.

San Francisco's new coach, Mike Nolan, wanted to wear a suit and tie on the sidelines and the league swiftly told him no way pal. The images if Paul Brown, George Halas, Tom Landry and Nolan's own dad, Dick are a thing of the past. Now, coaches must wear NFL approved garb to promote the league's booming apparel business.

To me, it's professional. I think it's respectful," Nolan said. "There was
certainly no deal, no one came to me, there was nothing to gain. I wasn't trying
to put the spotlight on me. But what I was trying to say, there's somebody in
charge and this is what they look like."

To Ol' BC, this is a shame. It appears the league would rather have ghetto garb on the sidelines as long as it bears a team logo and promotes the league's products. Even the everyday wind shirts and jackets pale when compared to the legends of NFL coaches.

Just a thought.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Sir Loin of Beef said...

A sad commentary on our society, though it is one heard every day in every facet of our lives. It is not just football these guys run. It is everything. And the republicans and the democrats and every other political wannabe is bought and sold by them like cattle on the open market. Money talks. In football. In religion. And in politics.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger RightWingRocker said...

Interesting how Ol' BC said nothing whatsoever about politics, and some troll has to come drag it in.

Sheesh.

RWR

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Sir Loin of Beef said...

Brother. This is a political blog and Rocker wants to pick nits about me talking about politics. I was only agreeing with olbc, rightwingrocker. I hardly think that makes me a troll. If you don't like me, that's fine, but at least be wise about how you pick your fights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home