Wednesday, June 22, 2005

On Todays Speech

Ol' BC listened with interest to Dubya's speech this morning. He had a good day at the podium. He was addressing a group of nuclear power plant employees in Maryland. He spoke on the need to pass an energy bill, education and the benefits of measuring results, and the normal topics. Then he addressed Social Security. He was actually making a compelling argument for Social Security reform and making really good and valid points WHEN the network interrupted the speech so an analyst could try to tell me what I had just heard. Seriously, Dubya was making a really good point on Social Security's fiscal situation in easily understood terms. He even reminded people that it was said if he got in their checks would end. "Well," he said, "I got in and you're still getting your checks." He was conveying the benefits of optional ownership via personal accounts. He even addressed conservative investment options in lieu of stocks. Dubya was on a good roll. He was humorous, concise and getting applause and the network cut him off. Shame on Fox News Channel.

However, if Dubya continues to address the issue in this manner, I think he will make progress with the masses. Of course, that is IF they get to hear it.

Just a thought.

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ben said...

He was really at his best yesterday. Even though some of the stuff he said made me pound my head, you gotta like the guy.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Ben said...

let me explain myself; I would rather have to pound my head on "stupid stuff" he says rather than have to be talked down to for 4 years by someone like mr.kerry. This makes the president seem cool and human, I would rather have someone that stumbles over his words than a northeastern elitest who think average people are complete morons. Make sense? Also kerry was a gigantic pussy who couldn't make up his mind

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Ol' BC said...

And now it's come out that the Kerry with a brain ALMOST had as good grades as bunbling Bush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home