Friday, September 23, 2005

Gore Campaign Manager Supports Bush

I had to read this twice to believe my eyes.

Democratic political consultant Donna Brazile managed Al Gore’s 2000
presidential campaign, but she stands solidly behind his opponent when it comes
to the reconstruction of the Hurricane Katrina-ravaged areas.
"I am not a
Republican. I did not vote for George Bush – in fact, I worked pretty hard
against him in 2000 and 2004,” the New Orleans native writes in a column carried
by several newspapers.
"But after watching him speak from the heart, I could
not have been prouder of the president and the plan he outlined to empower those
who lost everything and to rebuild the Gulf Coast.

It is refreshing to see a Democrat put politics aside and acknowledge the effort being made.

Just a thought.

5 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Col. Hogan said...

I heard her talking to Hannity. She likes GWB, the BIG SPENDER, not GWB the conservative. BTW, where is GWB the conservative?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Ol' BC said...

I've never known GWB the conservative. He's the biggest spender to date.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Col. Hogan said...

GWB the conservative was the imaginary candidate we elected in 2000. He never really existed, but many of us thought he did.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ol' BC said...

Some of us never imagined it. He didn't really hide his propensity to spend during the campaign. However, can you imagine what it might be like if he had lost either run? Never mind. I don't want you to get sick.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger RightWingRocker said...

HAHAHA...

I wouldn't exactly say she put politics aside, Ol' BC. What he did (and what she praised) was fully in line with her politics.

George W. Bush is conservative in thought, but not in deed. Hopefully, his judicial appointments will bring some constitutional sanity back to Washington.

RWR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home