Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Did He Really Say That????

Asked if that meant the government was running at peak efficiency, Mr. DeLay
said, "Yes, after 11 years of Republican majority we've pared it down pretty
good."

Yes, it's the same Mr. DeLay, as in Tom DeLay. That one has me really scratching my head.

The article starts out

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said yesterday that Republicans have done
so well in cutting spending that he declared an "ongoing victory," and said
there is simply no fat left to cut in the federal budget.

One really has to wonder what's going on over there. Are they eating some mysterious mushrooms to get their vegetable servings in? I guess I shouldn't lump everyone together, but when I look at the deficit figures in spite of the large increase of government revenues as a result of Bush's tax cuts, I can't find much in the way of paring spending. Am I missing something here?

Just a thought.

5 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah you aint missin nothin OlBC ...

Republicans and Democrats are all the same ... just a matter of degree.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Col. Hogan said...

When someone says something absolutely absurd, one has to wonder whether he's deliberately being absurd.

I don't know DeLay well enough to know if he's clever, but I wonder if he says wehat he said--and oh, my Congressfool, Dana Rohrabacher says,"Whaddya mean we pared 'er down? We pared nothin'. There are all kinds of places we can cut." To which DeLay can ask, "Ok, where do ya want to cut? Gimme your list. Let's git'er done."

Of course, I don't trust any of these guys any farther than I can throw them, but otherwise, I can't think of any other reason why he'd say something like that.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he was intentionally being absurd... El Rushbo seems to think so as well, according to his EIB broadcast yesterday.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, I could be wrong, and DeLay has lost his mind

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Col. Hogan said...

Brian,

Either possibility is credible. If I had to bet, I'd go for insanity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home