Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Olive Garden - They're Out

Why might that be, you ask? Well. . .I'll try to be brief. Ol' BC and Mrs. BC met Mrs. BC's son, daughter-in-law and fetal grandchild at the Olive Garden for dinner and a brief visit since they were in the area for a wedding. The meal was adequate as was the service on this occasion. Then came the monsterous pile of crap. The manager on duty came over to present us our check and inform us that we had been "chosen" for a "guest satisfaction survey." No problem so far. You have this from time to time and as is normally the case, if you suffer the inconvenience of the survey you receive a modest discount on your next visit to any of their restaurants. I indicated that that would be fine and the food and service were alright and I would give them a good survey. Upon that he handed me the ticket folded in half and upon looking at it after he departed I found that IT WAS IN SPANISH! (full disclosure. There was a smallish English paragraph inside the fold.)

They'll get a survey alright. I may go into a brief tirade on the impact such crap. As far as I know Ol' BC is an amalgamation of English, Irish and German immigrants. I've yet to hear of any of my German ancestors getting dual language receipts when they LEGALLY immigrated to this country. As a result, they learned English. They prospered. Something these do gooders are trying so desperately to prevent today's immigrants (legal and ILLEGAL) from doing. They want to keep them incommunicative and on the lower rungs of the economic ladder. The Olive Garden has joined in and Ol' BC is calling them out. Tell your friends!

Just a thought.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger RightWingRocker said...

The Olive Garden has been involved in quite a bit of PC bullshit.

Did you notice you can't get veal parm at their allegedly Italian establishment. I posted about that way back when. Hopefully you remember. One of my classic rants!

Screw the Olive Garden. I go elsewhere when I want Italian now.

RWR
www.rightwingrocker.com

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Ol' BC said...

I'm feeling a letter to the corporate office may be in order and I'll throw in the veal issue as well. It pisses me off.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger RightWingRocker said...

Sounds good, man.

RWR
www.rightwingrocker.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home