Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back From Vacation!! Now Read This.

After spending several days in sunny Florida, I returned home to find an e-mail from my son with a really good post. It says so much of what I've been saying for quite some time now. For example -

Most of all, I resent you spending my money and the money of my children,
my future grandchildren and maybe my great grandchildren as well. You did one
good thing by passing a significant tax cut. Because of that, the economy is
doing well, but if you don't tie spending restraint into this picture, you won't
like it when the picture changes.
You have failed miserably at reforming the
way government works. And, I'm not sure you even think we have noticed. You are
going blithely about your business as though we were too stupid not to notice.
Well, you are wrong. Further, you are wrong on so many counts. We expect good
government and we are not getting it with you in charge. If we wanted all this
scandal, spending like there is no tomorrow etc., we would have kept the
Democrats in place in '94. But, we wanted change. You started off right but
quickly lost your way.
So, I'm putting you on notice. You will have to EARN
my vote this year, and you have damn little time to do it. You need to clean up
your act and you need to start now. Not next week, not next month, not next
year. Now!

That sums it up nicely. It is worth a couple of minutes to read the entire post, however.

Just an observation.

4 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger RightWingRocker said...

I read it, Ol' BC.

It's a money shot.

Of course, I would have told ol' gmroper myself, but there's no comment area.

Oh well.

RWR

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Ol' BC said...

I hate it when that happens!! Even the high traffic RWR site has comments.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger RightWingRocker said...

High traffic??

Yeah, right.

Flatter on, Ol' BC ... flatter on ...

RWR

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've got comments open and at last count some 50+ folk had commented. However, having said that I appreciate the nice words and the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home